The General Education curriculum at SAGU develops the following seven competencies that highlight proficient communication, critical thinking, and application in life:
- Students will write effectively.
- Students will communicate ideas effectively through oral presentation.
- Students will evaluate, synthesize and employ needed information for research and problem-solving.
- Students will critique worldviews and issues, past and present, represented in literature and the sciences.
- Students will articulate foundational knowledge of Scripture and of Christian theology.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the principles of human interpersonal relationships and behavior.
- Students will formulate a Christ-centered response to social issues and problems.